Whole Wheat Toasted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
The toasted oats and whole wheat flour add a nice flavor to these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! They are great with a cold glass of milk!
1 1/4cupsold fashioned oats
1 1/4cupsGold Medal white whole wheat flour
1/2cupunsalted butterat room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Spread the oats evenly on an ungreased baking sheet. Place in the oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring once.The oats will turn light brown and have a nutty aroma. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the toasted oats and chocolate chips.
5. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.