1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Spread the oats evenly on an ungreased baking sheet. Place in the oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring once.The oats will turn light brown and have a nutty aroma. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the toasted oats and chocolate chips.
5. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.