Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Pasta with chicken, basil pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes. This easy pasta recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a festive holiday dish!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1 1-pound package DeLallo Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the pan. Cover with the lid and sear for 5 minutes on one side. Flip and sear 5 to 6 more minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from let cool. After a few minutes, chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
In the meantime, boil the pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta water and return the pasta to the pot.
Stir in the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chopped chicken. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve.
Note-we think this pasta is good served warm or cold.