Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes-one of our favorite pasta dishes to share with family and friends!
We are taking a break from cookies and sweets to share a savory recipe, Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Josh makes this recipe all year long, but it’s extra special during the holiday months.
We love serving this pasta dish to family and friends when they visit for the holidays because it’s festive and easy to make! When your house is full of company, it’s important to have an easy recipe on hand that will still WOW a crowd. Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is that recipe. It’s always a hit!
For the pesto, you can make your own, our Spinach Basil Pesto is phenomenal or you can cheat and use store-bought pasta. I won’t tell. DeLallo’s Simply Pesto is superb! Your guests will think you hiked to a warm climate to pick fresh basil and make pesto:)
To the pesto pasta, we add chopped sun-dried tomatoes for a pop of red color and kick of flavor. DeLallo’s Sun-Dried Tomatoes will knock your stockings right off the fireplace they are so good!
Josh likes to add chicken to this pasta dish when we have company. It makes the pasta extra hearty and filling. Don’t worry, Josh always looks out for me. Before he adds the chicken he sets some pasta aside for me:) If you have vegetarian guests, you can do the same. They will thank you and this way you don’t have to make two dishes! Score!
Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes makes a great holiday meal! It’s super simple to make which is a big time bonus during this stressful…oops, I mean joyous holiday season! 🙂
Pesto Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1 1-pound package DeLallo Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the pan. Cover with the lid and sear for 5 minutes on one side. Flip and sear 5 to 6 more minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from let cool. After a few minutes, chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta water and return the pasta to the pot.
- Stir in the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chopped chicken. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve.
- Note-we think this pasta is good served warm or cold.
Disclosure: this post is in partnership with DeLallo, but our opinions are our own.