3tablespoonscoconut oilmelted and cooled slightly (or melted and cooled butter)
1 1/2cupschopped peaches
Peach slices for the topoptional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and almonds.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Arrange the chopped peaches on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches. Pour the almond milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. If desired, add a few sliced peaches to the top of the oatmeal. It makes the oatmeal look pretty:)
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. We like to add a splash of almond milk for extra creaminess! This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9x13 pan. Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free.