1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Pulse for 30 seconds.
3. Add the butter and cold water and pulse until the dough holds together when pressed.
4. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish, line it with parchment paper, and grease the parchment paper.
5. Divide the dough mixture in half and press half into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spatula to press down evenly.
6. Spread the preserves evenly on top of the dough. Sprinkle the remaining dough evenly on top of the preserves and gently press down using the back of a spatula.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Cool, cut into 1 1/2 x 4-inch bars, and serve.
Note-bars can be stored at room temperature up to 3 days or refrigerated for up to a week.