Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, & Mint
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Simple and healthy quinoa salad with mango, currants, almonds, mint, and a citrus dressing.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large mango peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 cup citrus almonds chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- For the Orange Citrus Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool quinoa cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, mango, currants, almonds, and mint. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil, and agave. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle over quinoa salad. Toss until ingredients are well dressed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note-this salad is good served at room temperature or chilled. If you don't need the salad to be vegan, you can use honey instead of agave in the dressing. Regular almonds also work in this salad.