Simple and healthy Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, and Mint.
On Monday, we shared 20 of our favorite summer salad recipes. Well, we need to add one more to that list because this Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, and Mint is definitely a favorite! We are going to be adding it into our summer salad rotation on a regular basis.
We created this salad using ingredients from our NatureBox delivery. NatureBox is a healthy snack company that encourages people to eat healthier and live better. NatureBox makes it easier for you and your family to eat healthier by delivering healthy snacks right to your door every month.
All of the snacks are made with wholesome ingredients, minimally processed, and nutritionist-approved. Each month you can have NatureBox pick out your snacks or you can choose from their wide selection of healthy snacks. The snacks are packed into individual bags and mailed to you in a box for $19.95/month- shipping included.
I love getting packages in the mail-especially healthy snacks! NatureBox is such a cool program. And I’ve sampled my fair share of the snacks and they are all super tasty! I might have an addiction to the dried peaches, dried mangos, and cinnamon spiced almonds. All of the trail mixes are awesome too!
NatureBox’s snacks are great for easy and healthy snacking, but they are also great for creating healthy recipes. For this salad, we used NatureBox’s Zingy Currants and Citrus Kick Almonds. They really livened up our salad!
Quinoa salads are always a hit at our house. I am glad my boys like it because not only is quinoa tasty, but it’s also good for us! I love quinoa because of it’s nutritional benefits, but I also love it because it is super simple to prepare. I can always count on quinoa to produce a healthy and tasty meal! Quinoa is my kitchen lifesaver!
I really love the flavors and textures in this quinoa salad. Nutty quinoa, juicy mango, chewy sweet currants, crunchy citrus almonds, and refreshing mint-all of the ingredients play well together! I also added a simple orange citrus dressing that compliments the salad nicely.
This Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, and Mint makes a great main dish or side dish. We ate it for dinner and it filled us up. It was a perfect meal. This is also a great salad to serve when entertaining because it is gluten-free and vegan! It’s always nice to have options for everyone.
Mix up your summer salad routine by adding Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, & Mint to the mix!
And now for a fun NatureBox Giveaway! We are giving away TWO 6-month subscriptions to NatureBox! That’s right, 2 lucky winners will receive healthy NatureBox snacks right to their door for 6 months! Yahoo!
We are also offering our readers a special discount! Get $10 off your first NatureBox healthy snack subscription, by using the following discount code: TWOPEAS10. Offer is good on any size box! NatureBox makes a great gift too! Sign up your family and friends:)
We hope you enjoy NatureBox as much as we do!
To enter the giveaway, use the PromoSimple widget below! Good luck!
And don’t forget to make the Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, and Mint! It’s super tasty!
Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, & Mint
Simple and healthy quinoa salad with mango, currants, almonds, mint, and a citrus dressing.
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large mango peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 cup citrus almonds chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- For the Orange Citrus Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool quinoa cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, mango, currants, almonds, and mint. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil, and agave. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle over quinoa salad. Toss until ingredients are well dressed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Note-this salad is good served at room temperature or chilled. If you don't need the salad to be vegan, you can use honey instead of agave in the dressing. Regular almonds also work in this salad.
Disclosure: This post and giveaway are being sponsored by NatureBox, but our opinions are our own. We love NatureBox and are excited to share this recipe and giveaway!