Chocolate Icebox Cupcakes
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Icebox Cupcakes-a twist on the classic icebox cake recipe. The same great dessert, but in mini form. The easiest dessert you will ever make!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 10 cupcakes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-ounce package Nabisco’s Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Sprinkles optional
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together on high speed until medium peaks form.
2. To assemble the cupcakes, spread about 2 teaspoons of the whipped cream on top of a chocolate wafer. Place another wafer on top of the cream to make a sandwich. Spread more cream over the wafer and add another wafer. Top the final wafer with cream. You want to use four wafers per cupcake and end with cream.
3. Place cupcakes in cupcake liners or on a plate and stick in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. The cream will soften the wafers making them soft like cake.
4. When ready to serve, remove the cupcakes from the refrigerator and sprinkle with sprinkles, if desired.
Note-you can find Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies in the cookie aisle. I live in Utah and found them at Dan's Market and WinCo.