Roasted Blueberry Ricotta Crostini
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
An easy, but elegant appetizer that is perfect for any party!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 French baguette thinly sliced and toasted
- Additional honey for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place blueberries on a large baking sheet. Pour two tablespoons of the fresh lemon juice over the blueberries. Drizzle 1 tablespoon honey over blueberries. Gently toss the berries. Roast for 7-10 minutes or until blueberries are soft and almost ready to pop. You want to take them out of the oven before they pop. Let the blueberries cool to room temperature.
2. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spread the baguette slices with the ricotta cheese mixture. Spoon roasted blueberries on top of the cheese. Drizzle each baguette slice with honey and serve.
Note-to toast baguette slices-preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet and toast until edges are slightly golden and bread begins to toast, about 5 minutes.