Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Sweet Corn & Avocado
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Ribbons of zucchini and yellow squash with sweet corn, avocado, cilantro, queso fresco, and a light lime dressing. This elegant salad is simple to make and a great way to use up the summer zucchini.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 ears cooked sweet corn
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 medium ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup queso fresco Mexican cheese
1. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil and lime juice together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Trim the ends of the zucchini and yellow squash. With a vegetable peeler, shave lengthwise into long, wide strips about 1/16 inch thick. When you get to the center of the zucchini, turn the squash over and slice from the other side until you get to the center again.
3. Put the zucchini and yellow squash ribbons in a large bowl. Cut the sweet corn kernels off of the cob, cutting close to the cob. Discard cobs. Add sweet corn, cilantro, red onion, and avocado slices to the squash ribbons. Pour olive oil and lime dressing over salad and toss until coated.
4. Crumble queso fresco over the top of the salad and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Note-you can find queso fresco at most grocery stores. I like to buy it at our local Mexican market. If you can't find it, use feta cheese.