Avocado Pita Pizza with Cilantro Sauce
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Pita bread topped with cilantro sauce, cheese, and avocado slices! This pita pizza is easy and great for lunch or dinner.
Servings: 2 pita pizzas
- To make the Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced and seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the pizza:
- 2 pieces whole wheat pita bread
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. To make the cilantro sauce: In the bowl of a food processor or a blender, combine cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, green onion, and lime juice. Pulse until combined and roughly chopped. With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the sauce and spread evenly on pita bread pieces. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Place pita pizzas on a large baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven. Top pizzas with avocado slices. Sprinkle with salt. Cut into pieces and serve warm.