Coconut Crusted French Toast
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Thick slices of French toast with a sweet coconut crust. Coconut lovers will go crazy for this Coconut Crusted French Toast!
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 6 slices of French bread cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Butter maple syurp, and strawberries-for serving, if desired
In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the shredded coconut on a plate. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Dip both sides of the coated bread into the shredded coconut. Drizzle a little egg mixture on top of the coconut to make it stick to the bread.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan or a griddle to medium to medium-high heat. Cook the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and cook the other side. Serve immediately or keep French toast warm in a 250 degree F oven.
Serve with butter, pure maple syrup, and/or strawberries.