Coconut Crusted French Toast-thick and fluffy French toast coated in sweet coconut! This French toast is a real breakfast treat!
We don’t have any big plans for Easter this year. We are not traveling and unfortunately our families aren’t coming to visit. Caleb is still a little too young for Easter candy and egg hunts, so we will probably just go to church and make a special Easter brunch. I love all breakfast and brunch foods, but French Toast is probably my favorite. I’ve already requested Josh’s special Coconut Crusted French Toast for our Easter brunch on Sunday. It is fabulous and perfect for this time of year.
Josh dunks thick French bread into a mixture of eggs, coconut milk, coconut extract, and a splash of vanilla. Next, he dips the bread into shredded coconut and places it on a hot griddle. The coconut gives the French toast a sweet crust that compliments the coconut drenched bread. Coconut lovers will go crazy for this French toast! We like to serve it with butter, pure maple syrup, and fresh strawberries.
If you are a French toast and coconut fan, you will love this Coconut Crusted French Toast. It is a great recipe for Spring and would be a perfect addition to your Easter brunch menu. I know it is going to be the highlight of my Easter morning!
Coconut Crusted French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 6 slices of French bread cut into ½ inch slices
- Butter maple syurp, and strawberries-for serving, if desired
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the shredded coconut on a plate. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Dip both sides of the coated bread into the shredded coconut. Drizzle a little egg mixture on top of the coconut to make it stick to the bread.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan or a griddle to medium to medium-high heat. Cook the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and cook the other side. Serve immediately or keep French toast warm in a 250 degree F oven.
- Serve with butter, pure maple syrup, and/or strawberries.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Coconut Crusted French Toast, you might also like: