Snickerdoodle Biscoff Sandwich Cookies
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Classic snickerdoodle cookies with a sweet Biscoff cinnamon filling. These sandwich cookies are fun to make and eat. Make a batch for your holiday cookie swap.
Servings: 24 sandwich cookies
- For the cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- For the Biscoff Cinnamon Filling:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in flour mixture.
3. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into balls, I used a heaping teaspoon of dough. Roll balls in cinnamon and sugar. Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely before filling.
4. To make the Biscoff cinnamon filling: Combine the butter, Biscoff Spread, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the milk and beat until fluffy.
5. To assemble the cookies, find two cookies that are similar in size. Using a knife, spread about a tablespoon of the Biscoff filling on the inside of one cookie. Sandwich the cookies together.