On Saturday, I attended a food blogging brunch and cookie swap with some of my dearest Utah blogging friends. When I asked Josh what cookie I should make to take to the swap he said Snickerdoodles. They are one of his favorite cookies, so I know the answer was a little selfish. I am sure he was hoping to be the taste tester:) I didn’t want to take plain old snickerdoodles, so I created a Snickerdoodle Biscoff Sandwich Cookie. The Biscoff cinnamon filling takes snickerdoodles to a whole new level of goodness.
Josh babysat Caleb so I could have a day out with the girls. They both get bonus points for doing the Saturday chores while I was gone:) I had a wonderful time at the cookie swap. The brunch was delicious and I spent hours chatting and laughing with my friends. Of course, we talked about food and blogging, but more importantly we talked about life. I love social media and the online community, but it so refreshing to meet up with friends in person, especially during the holiday season. I am so blessed to have so many amazing friends. I am in continuous awe of their talents, accomplishments, beauty, and big hearts. I want to be like them all when I grow up.
The best part of the day, besides the good food, friendship, and cookies, was raising money for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. We all donated money to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, an organization that raises money to support research for new and improved therapies for pediatric cancer. We are glad we could help raise a little money for such a wonderful charity. We plan on making our cookie swap an annual event.
If you have a cookie swap to attend or want to try a new twist on Snicerdoodles, make these Snickerdoodle Biscoff Sandwich Cookies. Snickerdoodles are a holiday favorite and the cinnamon Biscoff filling makes them even better. The filling compliments the cinnamon sugar snickerdoodle nicely. I know I will be making these every holiday season…and probably before then because I can’t wait an entire year to eat these again:)
If you haven’t tried Biscoff Spread yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for. I’ve made Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies and Biscoff Blondies and both recipes are winners. I know I am obsessed, but it really is the best:) You can order it online or visit their website to find a store that carries it near you. Happy cookie baking!
Snickerdoodle Biscoff Sandwich Cookies
- For the cookies:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- For the Biscoff Cinnamon Filling:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar sifted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put butter and 1 ½ cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in flour mixture.
- 3. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into balls, I used a heaping teaspoon of dough. Roll balls in cinnamon and sugar. Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely before filling.
- 4. To make the Biscoff cinnamon filling: Combine the butter, Biscoff Spread, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the milk and beat until fluffy.
- 5. To assemble the cookies, find two cookies that are similar in size. Using a knife, spread about a tablespoon of the Biscoff filling on the inside of one cookie. Sandwich the cookies together.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Snickerdoodle Biscoff Sandwich Cookies, you might also like: