Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 pounds pork butt cut into 2 pieces
- Rolls or buns
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the pork butt and the buns in a large slow cooker. Stir together with a spoon until well combined. Add the 2 pieces of pork and place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low or until pork is tender and easily pulls apart from the bone.
2. Take two forks and shred the pork. Place the pork back into the slow cooker with the remaining sauce. Stir well and serve on rolls or buns.
*Note-this recipe makes a lot. Feel free to cut the recipe in half or freeze the leftovers.