Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuits
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Servings: 15 -17 biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spay and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in Cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon. Add buttermilk and stir with a spatula until just combined.
3. Drop round spoonfuls of dough, about three tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.