Drop Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon – these easy drop biscuits turn your traditional drop biscuits up a notch. Maybe two notches. These yummy cheddar biscuits with bacon are a big crowd pleaser!
Drop Biscuits with BACON and Cheese
Yes, you read the title correctly. I am posting a BACON recipe. Josh loves bacon almost as much as he loves me:) Last week, he worked on our kitchen all day long and I thought it would be nice to surprise him with a batch of bacon cheddar biscuits for dinner.
When Josh walked in the door, the smell of bacon put a huge grin on his face. He was excited bacon was included in the dinner plans. When I pulled the tray of homemade biscuits out of the oven he ran over and asked if there was bacon in the cheddar biscuits. He looked closer and shouted, YES! I was glad I made him happy before he even tasted these drop biscuits. He ended up eating five of these homemade drop biscuits with his soup that night. They were definitely a hit.
Easy Drop Biscuits
By definition, drop biscuits are easy to make. You make them and drop them on the pan to bake. You don’t have to worry about rolling out the dough or cutting the biscuits, which is nice. And if want to really want to make this version of drop biscuits easy, you can buy pre-cooked bacon.
These bacon cheddar biscuits will put on a smile on any bacon lovers face. They are loaded with cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon. What’s not to love? Make homemade drop biscuits to go with your meal tonight.
Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- 15 -17 biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spay and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in Cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon. Add buttermilk and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- 3. Drop round spoonfuls of dough, about three tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.
If you like these bacon cheddar drop biscuits, you might also like:
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits with Cilantro from Two Peas and Their Pod
Buttermilk Drop Biscuits from Two Peas and Their Pod
Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits from Brown Eyed Baker
Sweet Potato Biscuits with Bacon and Thyme from Pinch My Salt