Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chipotle Chicken Tacos are full of flavor and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. They only take 20 minutes to make! Serve with all of your favorite taco toppings and sides!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chipotle pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobe sauce, from the can
- Corn or flour tortillas, for serving
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese or crumbled queso fresco, shredded lettuce or cabbage, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, guacamole or avocado slices, pickled red onions, sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, radish slices, salsa or pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, lime wedges
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, and oregano. Add the chicken and stir until the chicken is well coated in the seasoning. Pour in the water and add the chipotle pepper and chipotle in adobe sauce. Stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
To assemble the tacos, spoon the chipotle chicken into to warm tortillas (corn or flour). Top with desired toppings. Serve warm.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg