Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
This easy egg casserole recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast, brunch, or dinner. It is also great for holidays!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chopped jarred artichoke hearts packed in water and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
- Chopped basil for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chopped artichoke hearts. Add dried oregano, fresh basil, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the mixture.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs and almond milk. Whisk well. Pour eggs over veggies and cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle additional chopped basil over the top, if desired.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden around the edges. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Note-if you want to make this dairy-free, you can use your favorite dairy-free cheese!
Calories: 274kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 244mg, Sodium: 546mg, Potassium: 283mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 3855IU, Vitamin C: 19.9mg, Calcium: 273mg, Iron: 2.4mg