Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole-this easy egg casserole with spinach, artichokes, and cheese is great for breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
Easy Egg Casserole
I use eggs all of the time for baking, but they have never been one of my favorite foods to just eat. I’ve never craved eggs…until recently. I don’t know what it is, but I am loving eggs! I have been eating them a couple times a week. I usually just scramble up a couple of egg whites with spinach and call it good, but I was getting kind of bored so I made a Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole. Oh man, it was so easy and SO good! I think I have become a full on egg fan thanks to this breakfast casserole.
How to Make Egg Casserole
I love this egg casserole because it is easy to make and loaded with spinach and artichokes, two of my favorite veggies. This recipe is delicious and so easy to make! You bake the breakfast casserole in the oven in ONE pan! It is so simple!
- I put the veggies on the bottom of the pan, add some shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Then, I pour the eggs that have been whisked with milk over the top. I sprinkle more cheese and some fresh basil over the eggs and boom!
- In the oven it goes! Bake until golden and you have one delicious egg casserole…or we can call it an egg bake if the word casserole scares you:) It is basically a super duper easy baked frittata or omelette. Anyone can make this easy egg dish!
Great Meal for Anytime of the Day
We served this Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole for dinner, but of course it would be good for breakfast, brunch, or lunch too. I know we will be making this easy egg casserole for the holidays. It is perfect for entertaining. It’s easy to make, easy to serve, and there is little clean up! This is my kind of recipe!
The leftovers are also great! You can make and reheat all week so you have an easy meal!
Get cracking and make this Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole. Ha, get it, get CRACKING…like cracking your eggs. I am so funny:) Enjoy!
If you like this egg casserole, you might also like:
- Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole
- Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole
- Baked Eggs
- French Toast
- Belgian Waffles
Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chopped jarred artichoke hearts packed in water and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
- Chopped basil for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chopped artichoke hearts. Add dried oregano, fresh basil, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and almond milk. Whisk well. Pour eggs over veggies and cheese. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle additional chopped basil over the top, if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden around the edges. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Note-if you want to make this dairy-free, you can use your favorite dairy-free cheese!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Almond Breeze, but our opinions are our own.
Made this for dinner last night and it was deelish! I only had jars of marinated artichokes so I drained them as much as possible, chopped them up and used them. The flavors from the marinated artichokes added so much flavor to this dish. We had the leftovers for breakfast. Thank you for this simple and tasty recipe!
Hi! Does the freeze well?
Excellent! I only had 2 people eating so halved the recipe and baked in 6 muffin tins lined with silicone liners. Cooked for 20 min.
Wonderful breakfast casserole without the same flavors. Nice change from the heavy bread casseroles. The artichokes make this pop but in a subtle way-not tart/acidity at all. I made this for my vegetarian family. Yum! I know with substitute non-dairy cheese this can become a Whole30 recipe for me!
Will artichokes packed in oil be ok, or will the added oil make the dish greasy? Trying to use up a HUGE jar of artichokes from Costco.
I LOVED this receipe! I had some mushrooms on hand so added those. My new favorite breakfast!
I googled a souffle, THIS IS NOT a souffle!!! False advertising!
Wtf ever! And read the title of the recipe it says casserole not souffle
I made this for family gathering breakfast and it was an absolute HIT!!! Easy to make and absolutely delicious!!
What could be substituted for the artichokes. Thank you
What an amazing dish! Thank you.
This was amazing! Followed the recipe exactly (using whole milk instead of almond), except that I added a sprinkle of chopped kalamata olives on top of the cheese (so they wouldn’t sink) for an extra Mediterranean kick. Ate with fresh ciabatta bread. Will make again for sure!
Can this be frozen?
Very good and easy to make! Great reviews from my brunch guests! There was a fair amount of liquid when i started serving- any idea why? It reminded me of excess moisture if cooking mushrooms. I cooked the dish for call time plus a few minutes.
Hi. I just wanted to let you know that when you choose one of the options to change the amount of servings to make, the dish still says it needs a 2 quart baking dish to cook it in. That needs to adjust correctly! Thought you’d like to know. 🙂
Can this be prepared ahead of time?
I love this recipe. I’ve made it several times. I’d like to make it for my friend who has Celiacs. Is this recipe gluten free? Thank you!
Great recipe, I added garlic and oaramsean cheese for a nice twist
Can you prepare the nite before?
Looks great trying tonite thanks!
See More Comments