Minestrone Soup Recipe
This easy minestrone soup recipe is perfect for a cold day. It is hearty, healthy, and comforting. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni can use gluten-free pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese-optional for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add in zucchini, green beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir in vegetable broth, beans, pasta, basil, oregano, and thyme. Simmer until vegetables and macaroni are tender, about 35 minutes.
Season soup with salt and pepper and serve warm. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories: 141kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 4g, Sodium: 868mg, Potassium: 397mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 3185IU, Vitamin C: 17.9mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 2.2mg