Minestrone Soup Recipe
This easy minestrone soup recipe is perfect for a cold day. It is hearty, healthy, and comforting. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (can use fire roasted tomatoes)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (can use gluten-free pasta)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add in zucchini, green beans, and diced tomatoes.
Stir in vegetable broth, beans, basil, oregano, and thyme. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. If you need to add more broth, you can.
Season soup with salt and pepper. If you want a little heat, you can add crushed red pepper flakes. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
Calories: 141kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 4g, Sodium: 868mg, Potassium: 397mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 3185IU, Vitamin C: 17.9mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 2.2mg