Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
This slow cooker turkey chili recipe is easy to make and healthy too! It is great for an easy weeknight dinner or for entertaining on game day!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounce jar deli-sliced tamed jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: green onions, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream/Greek yogurt
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
We use a 6 quart slow cooker.
You can use ground chicken or ground beef for this recipe.
Calories: 321kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 923mg, Potassium: 1355mg, Fiber: 16g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 2238IU, Vitamin C: 60mg, Calcium: 131mg, Iron: 7mg