Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili-this healthy and easy chili recipe is perfect for a chilly day!
Josh and I have very different opinions about winter. I am not a fan of the cold and snow, but Josh loves it. Winter is his favorite season. Josh jumps for joy when there is a snow storm and I hide deeper under my covers. I spend most of the winter hibernating and Josh spends his winter outside on the slopes.
One of Josh’s favorite post-ski meals is his Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. He throws all of the ingredients into the slow cooker before he heads up the mountain and when he comes home he has a hot bowl of chili waiting for him.
Josh’s Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is easy to make and it’s healthy too! He uses lean ground turkey, black beans, and red kidney beans. This chili is a protein powerhouse! He also throws in some veggies!
The chili simmers away in the slow cooker while he spends the day on the mountain skiing. Sometimes I am nice and will make our favorite easy cornbread while he is gone. Chili and cornbread are a match made in heaven!
When Josh gets home from a long day of skiing, his chili is waiting for him. He likes to top his chili with green onions and shredded cheddar cheese. It is the perfect way to end a great day on the slopes!
This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is also a great weeknight meal. Prepare the chili in the morning and let the slow cooker do the work. After a busy day, it is nice to have a hot meal waiting for you!
Warm up with a big bowl of Slow Cooker Turkey Chili! It is sure to hit the spot! Don’t forget the cornbread, it is the best!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
This slow cooker recipe is easy to make and feeds a crowd! Plus, it’s healthy too!
Yield: Serves 8-10
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15oz) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 oz) jar deli-sliced tamed jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: green onions, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
- Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Note-we use a 6 quart slow cooker.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!