Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal made with pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and dried cranberries. This is a great breakfast for fall!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups milk regular or almond
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter cooled to room temperature (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Stir in the dried cranberries. Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.
Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. I always add a splash of milk after reheating to liven it up. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9x13 pan.