Bacon Caprese Sandwich
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
The classic caprese sandwich just got better by adding BACON!
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 1 Ciabatta roll split (or 2 slices of crusty bread)
- 2 ounces Fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 small tomato sliced
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 3 bacon slices cooked
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Layer fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, basil, and bacon on bottom half of roll (or bread). Drizzle with balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sandwich with top half of roll or another slice of bread. Serve!
Note-we like to use DeLallo's balsamic glaze. You can make your own if you wish!