Bacon Caprese Sandwich – fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, balsamic glaze, and bacon on hearty ciabatta bread. Bacon takes the classic Caprese sandwich from good to GREAT!
Caprese Sandwich with Bacon? Yes, Please.
I love making caprese salad during the summertime. The other night, we switched things up and made caprese sandwiches. It was the perfect meal because we didn’t have to turn on the oven or stove and it was a great way to use up our garden tomatoes and basil.
Josh went all out and added BACON to his caprese sandwich and it was a hit with our boys. Caleb heard the word bacon and begged for bacon on his Caprese sandwich too! The boys loved their special caprese sandwiches!
The boys declared this Bacon Caprese Sandwich the best Caprese sandwich in the history of Caprese sandwiches. They said they will never go back to the traditional caprese sandwich. Bacon is where it’s at for my boys!
How to Make A Caprese Sandwich
- We started with a ciabatta roll for our Caprese sandwich. If you don’t want to do the roll thing, you can use crusty bread.
- Layer slices of fresh mozzarella, tomato, and basil leaves on the roll.
- Next, add bacon strips! Josh used three strips of bacon on his sandwich and he probably ate three strips while he was making the sandwich:) Caleb snatched a few strips too:)
- Drizzle the sandwich with balsamic glaze.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the other half of the roll, or another slice of bread, and EAT!
If you like bacon, you have to try Josh’s Bacon Caprese Sandwich. The boys say the bacon takes the classic Caprese sandwich from good to GREAT! It is their new favorite sandwich. Enjoy!
If you like this bacon caprese sandwich, you might also like:
- Summer Caprese Salad
- Caprese Avocado Toast
- Caprese Garlic Bread
- Berry Caprese Salad
- Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Caprese Pizza
Bacon Caprese Sandwich
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 1 sandwich
- 1 Ciabatta roll split (or 2 slices of crusty bread)
- 2 ounces Fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 small tomato sliced
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 3 bacon slices cooked
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Layer fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, basil, and bacon on bottom half of roll (or bread). Drizzle with balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sandwich with top half of roll or another slice of bread. Serve!
Note-we like to use DeLallo's balsamic glaze. You can make your own if you wish!