Mediterranean Couscous Salad
A simple couscous salad with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, basil, and a light lemon dressing.
For the salad:
- 1 16 oz. package couscous
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups jarred artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kalamata olives pits removed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make couscous according to package instructions. Transfer couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and basil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the couscous salad and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve.
Note-this recipe makes a large salad. You can cut the recipe in half if you need to. This salad can be made in advance and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.