This easy Mediterranean Couscous Salad with tomatoes, olives, artichokes, and fresh basil is a summer salad favorite! It is a great side dish to any meal and a great salad to take to potlucks!
Hearty Mediterranean Salad
On Monday, we shared the dessert we served at our Summer Outdoor Dinner Party, Deep Dish Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies. Today, we are sharing the Mediterranean Couscous Salad recipe from our party menu.
We served a green salad and watermelon salad, but I wanted to serve a heartier salad too. I went with couscous because it is so easy to make. If you can boil water, you can make couscous:) We had a lot going on with all of the party prep, so a simple salad was just what we needed.
How To Make Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- We used World Market’s Tri-Color Couscous to make the salad, which is made with coarsely ground semolina, spinach, and tomatoes. Regular couscous will work too. I love couscous because it is so easy to make. All you have to do is mix couscous with boiling water and let it sit undisturbed for a few minutes before it’s ready to eat.
- We added grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts to the couscous. I whisked together a light lemon dressing and tossed the salad. That’s it! Easy as can be! I made the salad the morning of the party and kept it in the fridge until it was time to eat. I love a salad that can be made in advance, especially when entertaining.
- I didn’t add feta to the salad because we already had a Watermelon, Feta, & Mint Salad on the menu. I didn’t want to have a feta overkill, but if you are a feta fan, feel free to add it to this salad. It would be tasty!
Everyone loved this easy couscous salad and we hope you love it too! It’s a great salad for summer! And if you are looking for a salad to make for the 4th of July, give this salad a try! It serves a crowd, can be made in advance, and everyone came back for seconds!
If you like this Mediterranean Couscous Salad, you might also like:
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Chickpea Shawarma Bowls
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Asparagus, Artichokes, & Spinach
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
For the salad:
- 1 16 oz. package couscous
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups jarred artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kalamata olives pits removed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Make couscous according to package instructions. Transfer couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the couscous salad and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve.
- Note-this recipe makes a large salad. You can cut the recipe in half if you need to. This salad can be made in advance and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod