Cilantro Lime Rice
This easy cilantro lime rice is the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal and it tastes just like Chipotle's rice, but BETTER!
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
In a a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, lime zest, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice. Serve warm.