Pear Pomegranate Salad
This fresh green salad with pears, pomegranate, pistachios, red onion, and blue cheese is the perfect salad for your holiday meal.
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese goat cheese or feta work well too
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
In a large bowl, add greens, sliced pears, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, red onion, and crumbled blue cheese.
Drizzle salad with dressing and toss until salad is well coated. Serve.