Watermelon Avocado Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This simple and refreshing salad is a summer favorite!
For the Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Salad:
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups seedless watermelon pieces
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- Half small red onion thinly sliced
First, make the poppy seed dressing. In a small bowl or jar, combine the vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt, ground mustard, and olive oil. Whisk until combined.
Place the spinach, watermelon, avocado slices, feta, almonds, and red onion slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with poppy seed dressing and toss. Serve immediately.