Watermelon Avocado Spinach Salad with feta, almonds, red onion, and a simple poppy seed dressing is the best summer salad!
You know a salad is good when you have been eating it every single day for a week and aren’t even sick of it. I actually look forward to this salad every day. I crave it. I need it. I usually crave cookies, but not since I created this Watermelon Avocado Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. I only want to eat this simple summer salad. It is my everything.
Strawberry spinach salad is a classic. I make it all of the time during the spring. I wanted a summer version of the classic, so I made a spinach salad with watermelon. I am SO glad I did because the watermelon is EPIC in this salad. I also added in avocado because we all know avocado makes everything better, including this salad.
So here is a little rundown of the most perfect summer salad:
- red onion
- feta cheese
Oh, and we can’t forget the poppy seed dressing. This easy homemade dressing is essential to making the salad perfect. It only takes a few minutes to make and is SO good! It is in my fridge at all times now, since I am making this salad every single day.
Promise me you will make this Watermelon Avocado Spinach Salad this summer. And don’t wait long because you are going to fall in love after one bite and you too will want to eat it every single day.
If you like this watermelon salad, you might also like:
- Cucumber Noodle, Watermelon, and Feta Salad
- Watermelon, Blueberry, and Jicama Arugula Salad
- Watermelon Blackberry Mint Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon Avocado Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
For the Poppy Seed Dressing:
For the Salad:
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups seedless watermelon pieces
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- Half small red onion thinly sliced
- First, make the poppy seed dressing. In a small bowl or jar, combine the vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt, ground mustard, and olive oil. Whisk until combined.
- Place the spinach, watermelon, avocado slices, feta, almonds, and red onion slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with poppy seed dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod