Easy Skillet Queso Dip
This easy, cheesy dip is made in ONE skillet and so much better than store bought cheese dip. Serve the dip warm, right out of the oven, with tortilla chips!
- 4 plum tomatoes diced
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 medium jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 large avocado chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, toss together the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Layer the cheeses on top and bake until the cheeses are melted and bubbling about 10-13 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and avocado. Serve immediately with chips.