Easy Skillet Queso Dip-this easy, cheesy dip is made in ONE skillet and perfect for parties, game day, or any day! Serve it warm, right out of the oven, with tortilla chips!
We made it to Friday! Yahoo! I am super excited for the weekend because we are going to watch a lot of basketball. We are in the thick of March Madness and that makes me super happy…and at times super stressed. My bracket is pretty messed up already so I am going to try and relax and just enjoy the games. I think I will cheer for the under dogs. I always love seeing a good upset…unless it is my team that loses:)
I am going to make this Easy Skillet Queso Dip for us to eat while we are watching. It is the perfect game day food!
Josh LOVES the cheese dip that comes in the jar at the store, but I never buy it because I don’t like the ingredient list. Josh will sometimes still sneak it into the cart or buy it when I am out of town, but he knows I won’t eat it with him. I am all about chips and cheesy dip, but I want the good, real stuff:)
So when I saw a recipe for queso dip in Molly Gilbert’s new cookbook, One Pan & Done, I knew I had to make it for Josh. I was going to show him that homemade, real cheese dip was better than the orange stuff in the jar.
I love Molly’s recipe because it is SO easy and made in ONE skillet. Plus, I love that she uses three kinds of cheese: mozzarella, fontina, and cheddar. The blend is amazing! I also love all of the extras that are added into the queso dip: onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and tomatoes. This dip has a TON of flavor.
You put the ingredients in a skillet, pop it in the oven, and let the cheese get all melty. Remove from the oven and top with cilantro, lime, and avocado…I added the avocado because avocado is always a yes in my book:) Serve warm with tortilla chips and enter a happy cheese food coma.
This Easy Skillet Queso Dip is perfection! And guess who LOVED it? Yep, Josh was all about this queso dip. He admitted that it was WAY better than the store bought “cheese.” So he won’t be buying that anymore because we can make this easy and amazing queso dip at home in no time. It is the perfect dip for parties, game day, or any day! Give it a try this weekend while you are watching basketball!
And make sure you check out Molly’s book, One Pan & Done! It is filled with hassle-free recipes that are all made in one pan. It is such a fun book!
If you like this Easy Skillet Queso Dip, you might also like:
Easy Skillet Queso Dip
- 4 plum tomatoes diced
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno seeded and minced
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime
- ½ large avocado chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, toss together the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Layer the cheeses on top and bake until the cheeses are melted and bubbling about 10-13 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and avocado. Serve immediately with chips.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod