Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples
This simple fall toast is great for breakfast, snack time, or even dessert.
- 2 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 4 slices Dave's Killer Bread Thin-Sliced 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Candied walnuts or pecans chopped (optional)
Peel, core, and slice the apples. Drizzle lemon juice over the apple slices and set aside.
In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apple slices and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of allspice. Stir until brown sugar is melted and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
Toast the bread and spread peanut butter evenly on the slices. Top the peanut butter toast with the skillet cinnamon apples. Garnish with candied walnuts or pecans, if using. Serve immediately.