Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples-this simple fall toast is great for breakfast, snack time, or even dessert.
Yesterday was the first official day of fall. It is fall y’all! I don’t have a southern accent, but I just had to say that:) I am SO happy it is fall. It is my favorite season. Bring on the football games, changing leaves, crisp air, sweaters, jeans, and apples.
I eat an apple every single day, but I love them SO much more during the fall months when they are in season. You can’t beat a good apple, just ask your doctor:) I am currently getting my apple a day by enjoying Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples. It is pretty much the best toast creation ever!
I love apples and peanut butter together. I also like peanut butter on toast. I decided to combine my two favorites into one AMAZING recipe. This Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples is going to blow your mind.
Skillet cinnamon apples are a MUST during the fall. They are easy to make and they make the house smell soooooo good! The apple cinnamon spice smell is better than any fall candle you can buy and you get to eat the apples. Winning!
The apple slices are cooked in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of allspice. Mmmmm!
When the apples are tender, I toast up my favorite Dave’s Killer Bread. I like to use the Thin-Sliced 21 Whole Grains and Seeds bread. Each slice has 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, and only 60 calories. The bread is hearty and the perfect base for my special toast.
I spread creamy peanut butter on the toasted bread and the peanut butter melts right in. It is a glorious thing. I top the peanut butter toast with the warm skillet cinnamon apples and sprinkle candied pecans on top. If you don’t have candied pecans, you can use candied walnuts, or any chopped nut. I love the added crunch, but the toast would be good plain too! My boys prefer the toast without nuts. They don’t know what they are missing..ha!
This Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples is healthy and decadent all at the same time. It is the best of both worlds!
And did you know September is National Breakfast month? I think this toast is a great way to celebrate. Start your day with Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples. And if you sleep in and miss breakfast, don’t worry, this toast makes a great snack or even dessert! It might even be good with a scoop of ice cream on top, kind of like apple pie. Hmmmm…I am trying that next time. Maybe even for breakfast:)
Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples
- 2 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 4 slices Dave's Killer Bread Thin-Sliced 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Candied walnuts or pecans chopped (optional)
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Drizzle lemon juice over the apple slices and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apple slices and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of allspice. Stir until brown sugar is melted and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Toast the bread and spread peanut butter evenly on the slices. Top the peanut butter toast with the skillet cinnamon apples. Garnish with candied walnuts or pecans, if using. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.