Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
This easy and healthy crockpot soup is perfect for a chilly day! Serve with your favorite toppings!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 10 oz can Old El Paso mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 4.5 oz can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional Toppings: avocado shredded cheese, chopped green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream
Add all ingredients, except toppings, to the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir and cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with toppings.
Note-the soup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze the soup in a freezer container for up to 2 months. If you want to add chicken to this recipe, use two chicken breasts. Shred chicken with two forks when it is done cooking.