Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup-this easy and healthy soup only takes 10 minutes to prep and then the crockpot does the rest of the work!
Maxwell’s new favorite word is “Brrrrrrrrr!” He yells it every time we walk outside because it is down right chilly in Utah. We have to bundle up to go for our daily walks. The layers help a little, but we still yell, “Brrrrrrr!” 🙂 It is fun and it helps get our frustration out. I am not a fan of the cold and I guess Maxwell isn’t either:)
To warm up, we have been eating lots of soup. One of our favorites is this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup. It is easy to make and warms us up every time!
The best part about about this soup, besides it’s deliciousness, is that it’s made in the slow cooker. It takes about ten minutes to prep and then you can walk away and let the slow cooker do the rest of the work.
Old El Paso red enchilada sauce is the base of this soup and it adds a ton of flavor. The soup is also loaded with black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, onion, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. All of my favorites in one big crockpot!
And the fun doesn’t end there, when it is time to ladle up the soup, more fun is to be had because of the TOPPINGS! I am all about the toppings. Some favorites include: avocado, shredded cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips, and Greek yogurt or sour cream. You can also serve our Easy Cornbread on the side. It is the best and so good with this soup!
Let your slow cooker make you this easy and healthy Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup. It is the perfect soup for a chilly day! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 10 oz can Old El Paso mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 4.5 oz can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional Toppings: avocado shredded cheese, chopped green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream
- Add all ingredients, except toppings, to the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir and cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with toppings.
- Note-the soup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze the soup in a freezer container for up to 2 months. If you want to add chicken to this recipe, use two chicken breasts. Shred chicken with two forks when it is done cooking.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.