Chicken Gnocchi Soup
If you like chicken noodle soup, you will love this easy chicken gnocchi soup! It is perfect for a chilly day.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 celery ribs halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lb. DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
1. Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook for an additional two minutes.
2. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the gnocchi and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
3. Stir in the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle soup with parsley. Ladle into bowls and serve warm.