Chicken Gnocchi Soup-if you like chicken noodle soup, you will love this twist on the classic. It is easy to make and the gnocchi is delicious and comforting!
If you are in the mood for an easy and comforting meal, you have come to the right place. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup will warm you right up. It is great for a chilly day or when you are feeling under the weather. You can have it on the table in 30 minutes…and if you are not feeling well, you have my permission to eat it in bed, just be careful if you top the soup with crackers. You might get some cracker crumbs in your bed:)
Chicken noodle soup is classic comfort food, but Josh likes to mix things up by using gnocchi instead. He says it’s even better than the classic! My boys LOVE this soup, it is one of their favorite meals. They like it even better than the noodle version.
Josh uses DeLallo’s potato gnocchi. It is the BEST! And did you know they make mini potato gnocchi? They are so stinking cute and perfect for soup!
Serve the soup with crackers, crusty bread, or homemade biscuits and you have the perfect cozy and comforting meal! And you might want to double the recipe so you can take some to a friend or neighbor who is in need. It is always nice to share the love! I am sure anyone would appreciate this satisfying soup!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a staple for fall and winter! Make a big pot and enjoy!
If you like this chicken soup, you might also like:
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 celery ribs halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lb. DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
1. Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook for an additional two minutes.
2. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the gnocchi and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
3. Stir in the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle soup with parsley. Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
This post is in partnership with DeLallo Foods, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.