Grilled Pineapple Guacamole
Creamy guacamole with sweet, smoky grilled pineapple chunks! Make this guacamole for all of your summer parties. It is sure to be a hit!
- 1/2 pineapple cored and cut into spears
- Olive oil for brushing pineapple
- 3 large ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Brush pineapple spears with olive oil. Place spears on hot grill and grill until pineapple is browned and juicy, turning occasionally so all sides are grilled. Remove grill and set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. When the pineapple is cool, chop into small pieces.
4. In a large bowl, combine the avocado flesh, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Mash together with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Gently stir in the grilled pineapple. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.