Grilled Pineapple Guacamole-creamy guacamole with sweet, smoky grilled pineapple chunks! This is the ultimate summer guacamole recipe!
Guacamole is my life. I love good, classic guacamole, but I also love jazzing it up. You may have noticed if you saw my Great Guacamole Guide. The guide includes 15 of the BEST guacamole recipes you will ever eat. No joke. Well, I have one more guacamole recipe to add to my guide. This Grilled Pineapple Guacamole is SO good and a must make for summertime!
I used to be allergic to pineapple, but pregnancy cured me! Yay! My allergic reaction to pineapple went away when I was pregnant with both boys and luckily it hasn’t come back. I have been enjoying fresh pineapple on a regular basis. I can’t get enough.
The other day Josh was grilling up some pineapple to go with our dinner and I was making guacamole. When he brought the grilled pineapple in, I stole it, chopped it up, and added it to my guacamole. I thought he might be mad that I stole his precious grilled pineapple, but he grabbed a chip and started dipping. He loved my guacamole creation!
The grilled pineapple makes the guacamole extra special. It is juicy, sweet, and slightly smoky. It is so good mixed into the guac!
Grilled Pineapple Guacamole is the ultimate summer guacamole. You have to try it! Make it for all of your summer parties! It is guaranteed to be a hit!
Grilled Pineapple Guacamole
- 1/2 pineapple cored and cut into spears
- Olive oil for brushing pineapple
- 3 large ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- 2. Brush pineapple spears with olive oil. Place spears on hot grill and grill until pineapple is browned and juicy, turning occasionally so all sides are grilled. Remove grill and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 3. When the pineapple is cool, chop into small pieces.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the avocado flesh, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Mash together with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Gently stir in the grilled pineapple. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!