Almond Toffee Sea Salt Brownies
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Rich, fudgy brownies with toffee, almonds, and sea salt. These brownies are perfection!
Servings: 16 -24 brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toffee bits divided
- 1 cup roughly chopped Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Sea Salt Almonds
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on the top of brownies, if desired
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
In a medium-sized saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Stir until mixture is shiny, but do not let it bubble or boil. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cocoa, baking powder, sea salt, and vanilla extract.
Stir in the eggs and stir until smooth. Add the flour, chocolate chips, and 1 cup of the toffee bits. Stir until smooth.
Pour the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining toffee and chopped almonds evenly over the brownie batter. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired.
Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes, or until they are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove pan from the oven and cool on a rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Note-the brownies will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They are great served with a scoop of ice cream!