This banana cake is simple to make, but not simple in flavor! The chocolate hazelnut swirl and chocolate chip hazelnut streusel topping make this cake extra special! It is great for breakfast, brunch, snack time, or dessert!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Stir until combine. Stir in the dry ingredients. Don't over mix.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Spoon Chocolate Hazelnut Butter or Nutella over the cake batter. Swirl in with a toothpick.
5. To make the Hazelnut Streusel Topping, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a small bowl. Rub together with your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle streusel evenly over the cake. Top with hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod