Grilled Zucchini Nachos
Grilled zucchini rounds turned into chips and topped with all of your favorite nacho toppings! Grilled Zucchini Nachos are a great way to use up your summer zucchini!
- 4 small zucchini sliced into "chips," about 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Olive oil for brushing zucchini chips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 large avocado chopped, seed removed
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
Put the sliced zucchini chips into a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place zucchini on a a grill pan or directly on a hot grill, over medium heat. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle cheese directly over zucchini chips and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Remove zucchini from grill and place on a platter or onto plates. Top with black beans, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.