Edamame Basil Hummus
A quick and easy hummus that is healthy and full of flavor! Great for every day snacking or parties!
- 2 cups shelled cooked edamame
- 2/3 cups garbanzo beans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chips crackers, or veggies-for serving
1. Reserve one tablespoon each of the edamame & garbanzo beans for garnish. In a food processor, blend the remaining edamame & the remaining garbanzo beans with garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube while the processor is on. Process until smooth & well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour into a serving bowl & garnish with edamame, garbanzo beans, olive oil and basil. Serve with chips, crackers or veggies.
Note-this is also great as a sandwich spread.For a time save, buy edamame that is already shelled.