It’s been a hot week in Utah. So much for a slight warm up to summer. Summer weather is in full swing! We’ve been eating a little lighter this week-Greek Quinoa Salad and my favorite Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich. I also made Edamame Basil Hummus from The Yummy Mummy Kitchen Cookbook by Marina Delio, one of my new favorite cookbooks. The hummus was easy to make and perfect for a light lunch.
The dip starts with edamame. I like to call it EdaMAMA:) I love that this hummus calls for ingredients that we always have on hand. We always have a bag of edamame in the freezer.
The dip also has garbanzo beans (chickpeas), garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and that is it! Talk about simple!
By now you should know that I have a slight, or major, obsession with green food. Well, green everything. So you know I am loving the green color! The hummus is healthy, fresh, and flavorful!
Edamame Basil Hummus is great for every day snacking or for parties! I am going to be serving this hummus at all of our BBQ’s this summer. Serve with chips, veggies, or crackers. It is also great as a sandwich spread. We enjoyed it with baked Savory Tortilla Chips-you can find the recipe on Cafe Zupas today!
Keep cooking easy and light this summer with Edamame Basil Hummus! And make sure you check out The Yummy Mummy Kitchen Cookbook for more simple and healthy recipes. The book is gorgeous. I know we will be using it all summer long!
Edamame Basil Hummus
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 3 cups
- 2 cups shelled cooked edamame
- 2/3 cups garbanzo beans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chips crackers, or veggies-for serving
- 1. Reserve one tablespoon each of the edamame & garbanzo beans for garnish. In a food processor, blend the remaining edamame & the remaining garbanzo beans with garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube while the processor is on. Process until smooth & well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Pour into a serving bowl & garnish with edamame, garbanzo beans, olive oil and basil. Serve with chips, crackers or veggies.
- Note-this is also great as a sandwich spread.For a time save, buy edamame that is already shelled.
If you like this Edamame Basil Hummus, you might also like: