Cauliflower Steaks with Ginger-Soy Sauce
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
An easy and impressive way to serve cauliflower!
- 1 large head of cauliflower very end of stem trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 green onion finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower lengthwise, including the stalk, into 3/4-inch slices and place on a large baking sheet. It's okay if the slices overlap a bit. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned in places and the stems are easily pierced with a fork.
3. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the cauliflower to serve.
Reprinted with permission from Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites by Jaden Hair, copyright © 2013. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.