Today we are having a party to celebrate Jaden Hair’s new book, Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites. We are thrilled for Jaden’s new cookbook. We love Asian food and and we love Jaden. She is fun, always smiling, smart, and one of the most generous people we know. Plus, she knows her way around the kitchen.
Jaden’s book is filled with 100 recipes that are fast, fresh, and healthy. We wanted to make all of the recipes for the party, but we finally narrowed it down to one dish, Cauliflower “Steaks” with Ginger Soy-Sauce.
I have been on a cauliflower kick for a few months now. I can’t get enough of the stuff and I’m glad Caleb loves it too. We are still working on Josh:) He does like my Roasted Cauliflower & Cheddar Soup and he loved Jaden’s Cauliflower Steaks. Baby steps:) There is no way you could not like these Cauliflower Steaks. They are super tasty!
I have never liked steak, until now. Cauliflower steaks are genius! You don’t have to cut individual florets, you just slice the entire head, from top to bottom, forming steaks. The steaks look like fans and are so pretty to serve. Roasting the cauliflower brings out the best flavor and the simple ginger-soy sauce is amazing.
We served our Cauliflower Steaks with a cold soba noodle salad for dinner. Cauliflower Steaks are a great side dish to any meal…or become addicted like me and eat them just because you can. Sometimes I make them for lunch to eat all by themselves. I’m a grown up so if I only want to eat cauliflower for lunch, I can:)
And if you are intimidated by Asian cooking, don’t be scared. Jaden’s recipes are easy to follow and she has a section in the back of the book that explains and describes the ingredients in the book. The recipes are easy enough to make on a weeknight, but good enough to serve when you entertain! The book is also filled with beautiful photos! You will for sure be craving Asian food after flipping through the book.
Congratulations Jaden on a fabulous cookbook! Your Cauliflower Steaks are a regular in our house now. We can’t get enough! We are looking forward to trying all of the recipes in Healthy Asian Favorites. I’m sure they will all be favorites:)
Update: this giveaway is now closed. The winner is Jennifer @Peanut Butter and Peppers (#51). Congratulations!
And now for a fun giveaway! We are giving away one copy of Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites today! To enter, leave a comment on this post telling us, “What is your favorite Asian dish?”
1. Join Two Peas and Their Pod on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
2. Follow @TwoPeasandPod on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
3. Subscribe to Two Peas and Their Pod. Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribe via RSS.
4. Follow Two Peas and Their Pod on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you follow.
The giveaway is open until Monday, February 11th at 11:59 p.m. MST. The giveaway is only open to USA residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Cauliflower Steaks with Ginger-Soy Sauce
- 1 large head of cauliflower very end of stem trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 green onion finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower lengthwise, including the stalk, into 3/4-inch slices and place on a large baking sheet. It's okay if the slices overlap a bit. Drizzle with olive oil.
- 2. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned in places and the stems are easily pierced with a fork.
- 3. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the cauliflower to serve.
- Reprinted with permission from Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites by Jaden Hair, copyright © 2013. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Be sure to check out the recipes our friends made this week to celebrate Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites: